Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Imagine.



Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and it's so easy for me to be thankful for so many things, it's easy for me to lift my head up toward God and whisper a thank-you, but do i  put my Thanksgiving to practice on a daily basis? Isn't that what He really wants me to do anyway? & Do i really need all of these things that i own, big or small? Do i share my abundance with the world around me?

 Yes, I am thankful for my good health, but do i look to my left to help another who is weary? Yes, I am thankful to be living life quite comfortably, but when i see someone who is not, do i spare a dollar? Yes, I am thankful to be living in a free country, but do i judge those who have a different view on life than i?

We spend too much time dwelling on what we have, what we want, and what we think we need in life. We focus on the days ahead of us, instead of the day in which we have, so are we really living? We forget that we are only human, and this world we build around us, isn't truly ours to claim, to profit, to boast about. Have we forgotten it was made solely to share?

I have a deep love for all things in the purest of all beautiful, and John Lennon's song "Imagine" is it. He's a dreamer and i am proud to join him, because i am too. There are many songs among us, and each song touches a different heart at a different time, but this song should hit the worlds heart as one, if we could all make his song reality instead of imaginary, the world would truly be a better place. Turn his tune on the radio, close your eyes, and just listen. Forget about what's coming up next, your overflowing laundry basket in need of folding, your favorite t.v. show that comes on ten minutes from now, your flat tire which is keeping you from being in the place where you were supposed to be by now, because this just where you were supposed to be anyway. Right here, in your peaceful state of mind. 

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
and no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace..

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you will join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you will join us
And the world will live as one



7 comments:

  1. Love this post! I'm a HUGE fan of the song too! =)

    -Karla

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right. We spend a lot of time wanting and "needing" things. Thanksgiving is the perfect time to remember what is important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Totally agree. :) Thanks for linking up on Sunday
    ps: I have smaller buttons available now on my swap page, if you want to change it out, mine seems to throw off your bar on the left, sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i will do that girl, thank you for letting me know! : )

      Delete
  4. Thankfulness in the every day is hard for me to put into practice, too. Thanks for the reminder, Callie.

    ReplyDelete

i love reading every single comment and i'm grateful for every kind word!

Pin It button on image hover