Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

sunday's letters




dear God: the other night as i was weighing myself in the bathroom, i shrugged my head just as i always do when i find my weight unsatisfying. it was in that moment when i realized how much pressure i put on myself day to day. i  tell myself things like, "i'm not skinny enough" or "i wish i looked differently". but after reading a scripture for inspiration and guidance, i feel so selfish. how dare i look down upon myself when i was made in Your image? 1 Samuel 16:7 reads: But the Lord said to Samuel, " do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because i have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.) i do pray that my heart is beautiful in Your eyes. thank you Lord for inspiring me to love my body and for giving me a loving husband who tells me i am beautiful even though i doubt myself. 

dear husby: yesterday you took me to eat in natchez for the first time since we got engaged. it's hard to believe that was eight months ago, my how time has already flown by! we walked along the sidewalk near the tree where our first date was, where our "old bench" sat, now only a lonely patch of grass outside the gate and it's such a sweet reminder of the great love that i have for you. i couldn't believe how fast i fell in love with you, and i love to look back on that moment often. i have told you many times already and i will tell you a million times even more that you are a good man. i am blessed beyond words to have you as my husband and don't you forget it!

dear mila: you are going to be one spoilt kitty! i can't wait to dress you up in clothes! bless your little heart! you have a good home!












No comments:

Post a Comment

i love reading every single comment and i'm grateful for every kind word!

Pin It button on image hover